The Ukrainian Association of Systemic Family Therapy, Fractal Therapy Institute in cooperation with the International Family Therapy Association (IFTA) is implementing a four-year theoretical and supervisory course in specialization “Systemic Family Therapy” (SFT).
The course program is accredited by the International Accreditation Commission for Systemic Therapy Education (IACSTE) and is a part of the standard for the qualification of systemic family psychotherapist in accordance with the international requirements of professional organizations:
- International Family Therapy Association (IFTA) – http://www.ifta-familytherapy.org
- Ukrainian Association of Systemic Family Therapy (UASFT) – http://www.uasft.com
- Fractal Therapy Institute (FTI) – http://www.fractaltherapy.org
Basic higher education (psychological, medical, pedagogical, philosophical, social work). Course content:
- Theory – 540 hours
- Methodology – 190 hours
- Development of clinical skills (own experience) – 280 hours
- Supervision – 135 hours
- Family psychology. A systematic approach to counseling and therapy.
- Models of Systemic Family Psychotherapy.
- Personality development (health and pathology). The family influence on the development of personality.
- Psychopathology and dysfunctional family models. System theory of psychopathology development from the psychiatry standpoint. The evolution of the symptom in a systemic approach.
- Family therapy. Modern experience.
- Methodology of family problems research.
- Interaction theory (the II and I order cybernetics, communication theory, procedural diagnostics).
- Ethics in Systemic Family Therapy.
- Ukrainian family in turbulence conditions.
- Integrative processes in the context of Ukrainian realities (Fractal therapy).
- Family therapy. Advanced course. World modern experience.
- Methods of therapeutic interviews conducting.
- Couple and family therapy skills.
- Forms of systemic interventions.
- Individual work with own experience.
- Four sessions per year (5 days)
- Graduation – qualification work and certification (on the basis of which UASFT and the Fractal Therapy Institute provides support in the further receipt of the International standard Diploma)
Course enrollment procedure:
- The registration form filling. A motivational essay writing.
- The theoretical unit in terms of content and number of theoretical hours falls with the requirements of the International Accreditation Commission for Systemic Therapy Education (IACSTE), the International Association of Systemic Family Therapy (IFTA), the Ukrainian Association of Systemic Family Therapy (UASFT) and the Fractal Therapy Institute (FTI).
- If all qualification requirements conditions of IACSTE, UASFT, IFTA and FTI met, the Institute applies for obtaining an International Diploma for a student.
- Clinical practice: FTI provides an opportunity to acquire professional skills in working with families based on the Kyiv Family Center “Rodynny Dim”.
- In the studying process students are:
- taking part in events organize and conduct by IFTA (intensives, trainings, congresses, conferences, etc.);
- watching therapeutic sessions online, getting extensive international experience from SFT representatives from different countries;
- taking supervision from leading IFTA specialists.